Fleetwood Mac to headline Isle of Wight Festival 2015 | BBC Newsbeat

By Jimmy Blake
Newsbeat reporter
1 December 2014

Fleetwood Mac have been announced as the first headline act of Isle of Wight 2015.

_79433547_ap_fleetwoodmac

The band had been heavily linked with set at Glastonbury next year

The band’s set at Seaclose Park will be their only festival show of the year.

The set on Sunday 14 June, which will close the festival, will include original member Christine McVie, who recently confirmed that she would be rejoining the band.

Festival organiser John Giddings told Newsbeat: “It’s the best news I’ve had in a long while.”

He said that he had been asking the band to perform at the Isle of Wight for the last seven years.

“Every year I have asked without fail,” he revealed. “I’d like to tell you otherwise but it’s true, I have begged them.”

Continue reading