By David Renshaw
November 7, 2014 11:51
Band were among the favourites to play at next year’s festival
The band have remained one of the favourites to top the bill at the event next year, though Michael Eavis has stated in recent weeks that the chances of the band headlining were looking unlikely.
All doubt has now been removed now though, with Fleetwood telling Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2 this morning (November 7) that the group will not be one of the three headliners.
“One of the things that I’d like to clear up is that we’re not playing Glastonbury,” he said. “A lot of folks think that we are, so loud and clear: We love Glastonbury and all the surrounding history of such a lovely festival but we’re not playing it.”
Fleetwood added: “No bad faith for Glastonbury because I just don’t want people thinking it’s us.” He was then asked if this meant the band will never play Worthy Farm to which the drummer replied: “Never say never.”
Fleetwood appeared on the radio to confirm that Fleetwood Mac will be touring the UK in May and June with full details of the tour, including dates and venues, to be announced next week. “Fleetwood Mac will be touring in May and June next year. The full dossier will be announced on Monday, November 10,” he said.
Earlier this summer, NME.COM users voted for Oasis as the band they would most like to see headline Glastonbury next year.
This year’s festival saw headline performances from Arcade Fire, Metallica and Kasabian.